"Once we clearly acknowledge the soul, we can learn to hear it's cries. - Dallas Willard, Renovation Of The Heart."

It takes courage to pursue our dreams. It takes time and patience to unearth buried treasure. But I believe with all my heart that we must do both.

3.05.2014

Lent

A Lenten Fast


What do you turn to when you are stressed, angry, hurt or lonely?  What do you use to numb the pain or soothe the ache?  What if, for a season you did not numb the ache?  What if instead you chose to stay present and feel the pain and ache and not run to that thing? What if you left space for God to swoop in and do something new?

It could be hard, it could hurt, a lot, pruning usually does...

It could make you crabby and ugly for a time...

but it could also begin to make you more lovely...


 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!

Psalm 139:23-24


God is inviting us!

3 comments:

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I recently grieved something sompainful and raw. I let myself embrace it, feel it, pray about it, and move through it. Learning that God and His light were already inside me, that i didn't need to keep searching, strengthened me. Love to you, Mary. I have missed you! K

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh so good.
I'm so polished at numbing pain down.
So great at avoiding.
oh Lord help.
Thanks for the beautiful,
beautiful reminder.
-Jennifer

Unknown said...

I am a work in progress even at the age of 71. Leaving space for God to swoop in and show me how He's remolding me and freeing my heart!!!
Love this...