"Once we clearly acknowledge the soul, we can learn to hear it's cries. - Dallas Willard, Renovation Of The Heart."

It takes courage to pursue our dreams. It takes time and patience to unearth buried treasure. But I believe with all my heart that we must do both.

4.12.2015

simple supplies


I was just messing around practicing drawing bones, a rib cage and pelvic bones. 

Then I decided to just make marks with pens, markers and a pencil. 

I used a uni-ball Signo 207 pen. I really like these for journaling and drawing. They come in a micro, regular and a bold tip. 

I also used Sakura's solid marker (slim). You can smudge these while they are still wet, and they dry permanent. 

I used a few poster-paint pens from Sharpie to add a bit of color. 

For the horizontal pink stripes I use a large tip Montana acrylic water-based paint marker. 

I used a regular pencil to add scribbles and words.

It was good to pare down a bit, just using a few basic things to do some expressing. It reminded me you don't need lots of stuff to create.   

4 comments:

Rosie said...

I love the stripped back bones of these pages Mary - simple, basic, stark even, but very powerful. Love it, and you've got me thinking about bones and vertebrae too .....

katooshie said...

I really love your recent work. The rough, raw, energy is fascinating. Your colours and imagery remind me a bit of Jean-Michel Basquiat! Love it!

Mary said...

katooshi, you asked about my black pens on another post. i tried to reply to the email but it said no-reply blogger, so i am answering here in the hopes you see it. :)

my favorite pen to write/journal with is a uni-ball signo 207. it comes in a micro, med., and bold point.

i also use one called fudeball

i also use faber-castell pitt artist pen big brush

sharpie poster paint pens

posca markers

and love the solid marker (slim) by Sakura.

i also uses regular ballpoint pens and regular pencils to write and scribble.

:)

katooshie said...

Thank you, Mary! :) Katooshie